Sunday, July 1, 2012

Quilt Block-of-the-Month #4 & #5

No holds barred!  I am ever pushing the boundaries of my comfort zone - and this month I really tried to let loose with color.  Since the last two blocks were "cool" colors, I already knew I wanted to use "warm" colors again, which will lay diagonally opposite. So enough with the chit chat.  Here are the blocks-
I started with these pictures, because they show what the block looks like before the applique work.  It is pretty "simple" and one-dimensional looking.  As the appliqueing begins, detail and dimension begin to emerge.


Two blocks were completed for this month.  Here is the other one;

 Here are the four blocks as they will be arranged in the center of the quilt.  I still need to add the borders.


By the time I was working on the fourth and fifth blocks, I was really enjoying using contrasting colors and every different stitch I could think of.  It certainly creates a lot of visual interest.  I am finally starting to feel like I am "breaking free" from my "box" - my limited, conservative use of color and texture.

Oh, and one more thing...thanks to my little photographer who took all these pictures because she wanted me to blog about this.  I love my Rebecca Pearl!



2 comments: