Sunday, June 17, 2012

Quilt Block-of-the-Month #2





Meet Bernina foot #34 - the clear open-toe foot.  It is used for different types of applique work because you can see through it and control precisely where the needle stitches.  Precision is extremely important for keeping a stitch pattern perfectly aligned on the edge of the fabric.  This is the foot I got this month.

The quilt block I made for month #2:






This is one of four blocks that will make up the center of the quilt and will share an inner border.  I still need to add the border, but didn't want to pick those fabrics until I completed all four blocks.  I decided to use "cool" colors on this block and the next, since I used "warm" colors on the first block.  I'm not sure I like the background quilting stitch I selected for this, but hey, I am trying to get outside of my "comfort zone" and try new things.

3 comments:

  1. I love it, LoriAnne!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! You are so sweet to leave such a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be such a work of art! Mom and I are just reading this together and are amazed at the scallop stitch around the flower...well, to be honest, we are amazed at every stitch! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete